Objective-C Today with Graham Lee
In this episode, Leo invites Graham Lee, Senior Research Software Engineer at the University of Oxford, who's been writing Objective-C for over 20 years and brings his experience to talk about what Swift developers should know about Objective-C and how the language works.
- Graham Lee - Twitter @iwasleeg
- Episode 107 - Expert Swift with Shai Mishali
- Episode 105 - Navigating DocC with Ellen Shapiro
- Episode 70 - Maintaining & Migrating with Antoine van der Lee - Part 2
- Episode 69 - Maintaining & Migrating with Antoine van der Lee - Part 1
- Episode 48 - Alternative Backends with Kristaps Grinbergs
- DosAmigans Twitch Stream - Programming on the Amiga
- [objc retain]
- WWDC 2020 - Refine Objective-C frameworks for Swift
- sicpers.info - …and in the end there will be the command line
- sicpers.info - In which I misunderstood Objective-C
- Integrating C++ Libraries with Swift - BrightDigit
- CairoSVG Objective-C++ Swift Package Example
Using RevenueCat to power your in-app purchase infrastructure solves:
- For edge cases you don’t even know you have
- Protects from outages your team hasn’t seen yet
- Saves you time on future maintenance
- As well as new features released by the app stores
- Empowers your marketing teams with clean, reliable IAP data
Your podcast's publishing platform
Transistor not only hosts your podcast but also:
- Help distribute your podcast with integrations to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube, and Mailchimp
- Deep analytics including average downloads per episode, popular podcast apps, number of subscribers, trends
- Professional support for creatives, businesses, and professional podcasters when it comes to hosting and analytics
- Why you should know something about Objective-C
- Why is Objective-C so different from Swift?
- Is there a purpose for Objective-C outside of Swift?
- Should you still write Objective-C?
- What steps to migrate Objective-C over to Swift?
- How to make sure your Swift is consumable by Objective-C?
- How to work with C++ through Objective-C?
- What are the differences between Dynamic and Static Typed languages?
- What are the benefits of Dynamic vs Static Typed languages?
- What does a PhD in Software Engineering do at Oxford?
GitHub - @brightdigit
BrightDigit - @brightdigit
Leo - @leogdion
Leo - /u/leogdion
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)