iOS Developer Interviews with Alex Bush
In this episode we talk with Alex Bush (@alex_v_bush), Author of @iosinterviewgd and co-host of @insideiosdev. Alex talks about the process of interviewing potential iOS developers, what are some questions employers should ask, and what makes an iOS developer different from other developer positions.
What makes interviewing iOS Developers special?
- Apple Design Patterns
- Special Background and Knowledge in Frameworks: UIKit, HealthKit, AVFoundation, WatchKit, etc...
Common mistakes employers make interviewing iOS candidates
- Not understanding their own app
- Hiring a consultant to help estimate and understand what iOS knowledge is nessecary
- Not understanding the phase their app and whether general iOS developers are needed as opposed to iOS developers with specialties
- Algorithms and Optimization Interview Questions
Interview Questions about building a UI in iOS
- Finding out whether the applicant understands the pros and cons of various methods: Storyboards, Coding, etc...
- Make sure they are willing to work with the team
Common mistakes iOS developer applicants and candidates make
- Not having broad knowledge of various solutions an app may need: Data Storage, Networking, UI...
- Some Backend Knowledge