WWDC 2019 - SwiftUI with Jason Anderson
In this episode we talk with Jason Anderson about Swift UI and reactive Swift post-WWDC 2019.
- The Leading indie iOS/Mac (and watchOS, and tvOS) Developer conference
- It’s all about Community and Code!
- Four days of hands-on training, amazing sessions, and the great community. All Swift.
Use the promo code FriendsInHighPlaces to get 20% off registration.
We have an opening for sponsors
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders? Contact me today if you are interested in sponsoring or go to our Patreon page.
Functional Reactive Programming
- ReactiveCocoa · GitHub
- Combine | Apple Developer Documentation
- Model–view–viewmodel - Wikipedia
- First-class function - Wikipedia
Understanding Declarative Programming
- Better for Multiple Devices
- Improved Team Collaboration
- Xcode LivePreview
- Keep View Model and Data Model Separate
- Faster Iterative Development Long-Term
Drawbacks of using Swift UI
- Limited to latest OS (iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS)
- Lack of Documentation and Support
- Collection Views (i.e. Grids)
- Good Support of Communication Between of UIKit and SwiftUI
- Not Best for New Recent Releases
- Do Need To Use It Now
- Leo’s Swift UI Stream