Hiring an iOS Developer with John Knox
In this episode we talk with John Knox about Business of Software conference, hiring an iOS developer, and getting hired as an iOS developer.
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
We have an opening for sponsors
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
Business of Software Highlights
iOS Hiring Challenges
- Lack of Experience and Understand of iOS Development
- Cargo Cult Interview Style (and Burying Dead Bodies😱?)
- Lack of Training Resources for Employees
- Not Oppurtunities for Growth
- Lack of Organization Skills in HR/Recruiting
- Dealing with HR Automation
- Finding the Right Person at the Company?
- LinkedIn vs Twitter
What Companies Should Look For?
- How John Does Coding Challenges
- Finding Coding Style
- Have Little to No Complex Dependencies
- Seeing Actual Experience
★ Support this podcast on Patreon ★