Managing iOS Development with Peter Witham
In this episode, Leo talks with Peter Witham of the CompileSwift podcast about managing iOS development teams and dealing with new technologies.
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
We have an opening for sponsors
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
- Should Apple keep releasing on a yearly cycle?
- Rough 2019 Release with iOS and macOS
- How iOS 13 is the first significant release since iOS 7
iPad vs MacBook
- Improvements to iPadOS 13
- What's missing from the iPad for pro-use?
- Canopy by Studio Neat
Dealing with App Store and Teams
- Certificates and Profiles
- Working with Source Control
- Agreeing on Xcode Version
Is Swift UI Ready For New Projects?
- Depends on Audience and User Base
- Lack of Documentation
- Dealing with New Technical Hurdles
- Big Improvement over UIKit
- How to deal with UI Development right now?
Changes Over The Years for Teams
- Better Handling of Remote Teams
- Xcode Improvements
- How Apple's culture affects the developer experience?
- How to Deal with Decisions as Team Lead
- Dealing with Third-Party Dependencies
- Source Control Improvements
- Using Gitolite for Local Hosted Git
- Introducing New Technologies With Tomorrow in Mind
- Realizing the Soft in Software