Future Proofing Your Apps with Gui Rambo
In this episode, Leo Dion talks with Gui Rambo about how current apps could be built while taking into account possible future hardware from Apple. They also talk about apps for developers such as Gui's WWDC App, Apple's Developer App and CocoaHub.
- Episode 18 - WWDC 2019 - Apple Watch with Gary Sabo
- Episode 19 - WWDC 2019 - Swift UI with Jason Anderson
- Episode 29 - Managing iOS Development with Peter Witham
- Episode 14 - iOS App Architecture with René Cacheaux and Josh Berlin
- iPhreaks Episode 244 - MicroConf and Writing Health Apps for Apple Watch
- Stacktrace Episode 63 - Classic Butterfly
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
We have an opening for sponsors
- Do you have a product or service which can target our ever growing community of developers as well as technology and business leaders?
Developer Apps and WWDC
- New Apple Developer App!
- Apple keeping in contact with developers
- Streamlining getting started as a developer
- Apple Business bureaucracy and DUNS number fun!
- Cocoahub App for Swift Developers
- WWDC Mac App by Gui
- Lack of Apple Documentation
Supporting Future Hardware
- Adam Bell (@b3ll) - Getting ahead of the curve - NSSpain 2015
- Don't deviate from what Apple expects
- Random iOS Architecture Names
- The Multi-Threaded Asynchronous World of Swift from 360iDev by Leo
- Will ARM matter when they switch from Intel?
- GitHub? Remember SourceForge
Future-Proofing with SwiftUI
- Abstracting Implementation Details for Future Hardware
- Learn Once and Code Everywhere
- Not Ready For Production Now But is the Future
- Perfect for the Apple Watch
- Likely to Change in the Future
- Backwards Support for UIKit/AppKit
Where is AR Headed with Apple?
- Gui Rambo: Why an AR skeptic is excited about RealityKit and Reality Composer
- Measurement App
- Are AirPods Pro a step towards Augment Reality?
- Google Translate and Wordlens
- Being Able to Connect to Third-Part AR Similar to CarPlay
Tinkering with Raspberry PI and HomeKit
- Graphical Swift Development with GTK
- Developing with the Raspberry Pi 4 and Raspberry Pi Zero
- Developing a HomeKit device in Swift
What's Missing on the Apple Watch
- Faster Processor and Better Battery
- Lack of In-App Purchases
- Lack of Biometric Authentication (i.e. Finger Print Reader)