SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 2
In this two part interview, Leo talks with Majid Jabrayilov about SwiftUI one year after its release. In this second part, we talk about the new property wrappers like @StateObject, animations improvements, how to maintain and test your SwiftUI App, as well as migrating your older apps over.
- Episode 56 - SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 1
- Episode 55 - WWDC 2020 and Xcode 12 with Vadim Shpakovski - Part 2
- Episode 54 - WWDC 2020 and Xcode 12 with Vadim Shpakovski - Part 1
- Episode 53 - WWDC 2020 - Quick Thoughts
- Episode 47 - Practical Combine with Donny Wals
- Episode 40 - Handling Errors Correctly with Jeff Kelley
- Episode 35 - SwiftUI - The Good, the Bad, and the Benefits
- Episode 30 - Quickie: Swift UI and 2020 Trends
- Episode 19 - WWDC 2019 - Swift UI with Jason Anderson
- Swift with Majid - What's new in SwiftUI
- Swift with Majid - The difference between @StateObject, @EnvironmentObject, and @ObservedObject in SwiftUI
- Swift with Majid - New property wrappers in SwiftUI
- Swift with Majid -The magic of Animatable values in SwiftUI
- Build complications in SwiftUI
- Create complications for Apple Watch
- App essentials in SwiftUI
- Build document-based apps in SwiftUI
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
If you want your app to succeed, there's never been a better time to read up on App Store Optimization and Appfigures provides that for you.
- Check out their great articles and guides on app store optimization
- Brand new teardowns of specific apps, like Spotify for instance.
- Check out more of their resources at appfigures.com/resources.
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
360iDev - August 16 - 19 (Remote)
- The Leading indie iOS/Mac (and watchOS, and tvOS) Developer conference
- It's all about Community and Code!
- Four days of hands-on training, amazing sessions, and the great community. All Swift.
New Property Wrappers
- How the new State Property Wrappers Works
- Managing the Life Cycle of Your App
- New @StateObject
- Benefits of @EnvironmentObject in the View Hierarchy
Maintaining SwiftUI Apps
- Testing Your State
- Using @StateObject with @EnvironmentObject
- Storing Your State with @AppStorage and @SceneStorage
- Handing Errors with SwiftUI
- Migrating Older Apps to SwiftUI
- Bridging UIKit to SwiftUI
New SwiftUI Features
- Document-Based Apps
- Improvements to Xcode Previews
- Widgets and Complications
- More Frameworks Views Moving to SwiftUI (i.e. Maps, AVFoundation, etc...)
SwiftUI Challenges and Workarounds
- Multi-line Text and Text Formatting
- Using Lazy Stacks for Large Lists
- Dealing with Animations
- Lists vs ForEach
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)