The Future of Mac Development with Lucas Derraugh - Part 1
In this two-part episode, Leo talks with Lucas Derraugh about the future of macOS development. In this first part, we talk about why should iOS developers get into Mac development, the difference in iPad vs Mac app markets, SwiftUI vs AppKit, as well as Native vs Electron.
- Lucas Derraugh
- Episode 57 - SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 2
- Episode 56 - SwiftUI with Majid Jabrayilov - Part 1
- Episode 55 - WWDC 2020 and Xcode 12 with Vadim Shpakovski - Part 2
- Episode 54 - WWDC 2020 and Xcode 12 with Vadim Shpakovski - Part 1
- Episode 53 - WWDC 2020 - Quick Thoughts
- Episode 20 - WWDC 2019 - Mac Development with Daniel Jalkut
- Responder Chain Episodes
- Speculid Update for Big Sur
- Adopt the new look of macOS
- What’s new in Mac Catalyst
- Optimize the interface of your Mac Catalyst app
- What's new in SwiftUI
- Port your Mac app to Apple Silicon
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
If you want your app to succeed, there's never been a better time to read up on App Store Optimization and Appfigures provides that for you.
- Check out their great articles and guides on app store optimization
- Brand new teardowns of specific apps, like Spotify for instance or indie apps like Fotmob.
- New competitor's report in the Appfigures dashboard where you are able to view competitor downloads, build performance benchmarks, and see the new trends as they happen. Check it out here.
- Check out more of their resources at appfigures.com/resources.
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
360iDev - August 16 - 19 (Remote)
- The Leading indie iOS/Mac (and watchOS, and tvOS) Developer conference
- It's all about Community and Code!
- Four days of hands-on training, amazing sessions, and the great community. All Swift.
WWDC and Mac
- Emphasis on Mac Development
- Why should iOS developers get into Mac development?
- iPad Pro Apps vs Mac Pro Apps
- Challenges of SwiftUI vs AppKit
- Improvements to AppKit
- Widgets on macOS
- SwiftUI Updates for Document-Based Apps
- Electron vs Native
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)