Maintaining & Migrating with Antoine van der Lee - Part 1
In this episode, Leo talks with Antoine van der Lee of WeTransfer and SwiftLee about maintaining and migrating messy and old projects - how to refactor them, avoiding third party libraries, implementing a style guide, and more. Leo also gives some quick thoughts on this week Mac event with the M1 and let you know the latest in my conference appearances.
- Episode 14 - iOS App Architecture with René Cacheaux and Josh Berlin
- Episode 15 - Test-Driven Development with Joshua Greene and Michael Katz
- Episode 39 - Managing Code Quality with Anne Cahalan
- 4 Tips to make it easier to fix crashes and bugs
- OSLog and Unified logging as recommended by Apple
- Adopting SwiftUI at WeTransfer
- Code Guidelines at WeTransfer
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
If you want your app to succeed, there's never been a better time to read up on App Store Optimization and Appfigures provides that for you.
- Check out their great articles and guides on app store optimization
- Brand new teardowns of specific apps, like Spotify for instance or indie apps like Fotmob.
- New competitor's report in the Appfigures dashboard where you are able to view competitor downloads, build performance benchmarks, and see the new trends as they happen. Check it out here.
- Check out more of their resources at appfigures.com/resources.
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
I will be speaking at NSSpain 2020...
Nov 17 - 20, 2020
- One of the most known conferences about Apple platforms development is going remote this year!
- NSSpain 2020 is an online, continuous 36 hours conference, carefully crafted by the community for the community.
- Guests of the show Paul Hudson, Donny Wals and Antoine van der Lee will be speaking as well as others
- Latest BrightDigit newsletter on Apple Event
- Fan or no Fan?
- Memory Limits?
- Trying to get Speculid out in the App Store
- Back to the Mac 2020 Videos
- Get your NSSpain ticket soon and use promo code empowerapps
- Managing Multiple Simulators
- Creating Movies and Gifs from Simulator
- Preparing RocketSim for Big Sur
Dealing with Old Code
- Your old code vs Someone else's old code
- When do you need to rewrite the app?
- How do you convince a manager?
- Differences between agency and product work
Early Project Decisions
- Dealing with Third-Party Dependencies
- Refactoring by Unit Tests
- Keeping File Size Down
- Splitting Types with Extensions
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)