Cloud and Backend Services For Apps
In this episode, Leo talks different backend technologies to use when building an iOS app or any other Apple device: when you need a cloud service, running on your own server, cloudkit, firebase, and more...
Define Whether You Do Need Cloud or Backend Services
You Do Not Need If…
- Privacy-Sensitive Data
- No Cloud Backups Needed
- Already Storing Using a Third Party APIs
- Example App Developed by BrightDigit - CE Genius
You Do Need If..
What To Consider When Deciding How To Store Data?
- MVP vs Enterprise
- What is an MVP? Most Viable Product
- Start With the User - Project Estimation Episode
- What Devices Does the App Support?
- How Complex is the Data and Queries?
- Are Outside Jobs Needed?
- Such as Cron Jobs, Backups, Push Notifications, etc…
- Consider Prices - Bandwidth and Storage
- Consider Developer Team’s Comfort Level
- Develop Abstracting User Experience From Data Layer
Build a Custom Web App
Virtual Machine Options
Web App Options
Server Software Options
Other Software Considerations