A Tour of Software Testing with Christina Moulton
Unit testing, integration testing, smoke testing... What does it all mean and how does it all work together? In this episode, Leo talks with Christina Moulton about the different types of testing, how they work, what you should prioritize and to integrate it with your teams and your iOS development processes.
- Episode 77 - Swift Package Index with Sven A. Schmidt
- Episode 24 - Continuous Integration with Kyle Newsome
- Episode 15 - Test-Driven Development with Joshua Greene and Michael Katz
- Testing Your Apps in Xcode from Apple Docs
- SnapshotTesting by PointFreeCo
- PointFreeCo Episode 41 - A Tour of Snapshot Testing
The tools you need to monitor, optimize, and get more downloads.
There's a lot of demand for apps right now, so it's a really great time to give it a try. It's easier than you think.
The guys who run it are indie devs who had a need and created a tool. 11 years later, it's an all-in-one platform for developers who want to get more downloads and make more money with their apps.
The folks at Appfigures have easy step-by-step guides and intuitive tools to do that, which many indie developers are using to get more downloads:
Also check out our episode with CEO Ariel Michaeli:
Try Appfigures for free, and if you like it use the special link to get 30% off for the next 3 months:
Your podcast's publishing platform
Transistor not only hosts your podcast but also:
- Help distribute your podcast with integrations to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, YouTube, and Mailchimp
- Deep analytics including average downloads per episode, popular podcast apps, number of subscribers, trends
- Professional support for creatives, businesses, and professional podcasters when it comes to hosting and analytics
What is Software Testing?
- Why is important?
- What can be automated? (and what can't?)
- Why are unit tests so important?
- How to automate the workflow between manual tests?
- What tests should you do before release?
What kinds of testing are there?
- How to use visual snapshots for testing?
- What is integration testing?
- How to deal with outside systems which are always changing?
- How is smoke testing different from integration testing?
What should be tested?
- How to test the visual appearance of your app?
- Where to draw the line when isolating what should be tested
- How to avoid the code coverage trap?
- How iOS devs can share specs with server developers?
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)