Developer Community (Part 2) with Dave Verwer
In this second part episode with Dave Verwer, Leo talks with Dave about Swift Packages, SwiftPM Library (swiftpm.co), and how Dave uses open-source data and pull request for contributing. In the previous episode, we talked about the iOS Developer Survey and iOS Developer Community overall.
- Dave Verwer - daveverwer.com
- Episode 31: Future Proofing Your Apps with Gui Rambo
- Episode 37: Machine Learning with Kevin Scott
- Episode 42: Patterns and Practices for Scalable Apps
- Episode 45: Developer Community (Part 1) with Dave Verwer
- My Appearance on Responder Chain with Lucas Derraugh
- iOS Dev Directory Projects
- Specialize in helping businesses build apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple Watch
- 10 years of experience developing for a variety of Apple platform
- Helping dev shops which lack experience with Apple platforms and Swift
- What's the future of Swift Packages
- Cocoapods vs Carthage vs Packages vs Submodules
- Limitations of Swift Packages
- How SwiftPM.co began?
- What does it provide to the community?
- Issues with older packages
- Issues with other dependency management systems (NPM, RubyGems, etc...)
Open Source Data
- How to use pull-requests for contributing information?
- How iOS Dev Directory works
- How it helps prevent spam
- Allowing for others to build on top of
"Blippy Trance" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)